Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What a Christmas!!!!

It's been a little crazy since October!  My computer went on the fritz, the holidays came around, and work was literally exhausting.  Not to mention shopping, traveling, and two active children at home.  My first attempt at making marmalade and pretzels turned out to be a success!!!  I was as busy as a bee in the kitchen making Christmas gifts for friends and family.  I put together baskets with homemade whole wheat pretzels and jars of lemon-ginger marmalade.  As exhausting as it was to be baking and canning during this time of year, the joy of watching everyone enjoy the product of my labors in the kitchen was priceless.

I also have to give HUGE kudos to my boyfriend Greyson.  He armed my kitchen with much needed equipment.  A top of the line Foodsaver, an 8 gal. stock pot, and comfy slippers. (I mean seriously, if you have to be on your feet in your kitchen cooking all day....why not in slippers?)

So yes, I have been on a bit of a hiatus, but I'm back with full kitchen armor!  Recipes to follow....

P.S.  You won't believe my most recent purchase this month, and the shenanigans I've been getting into in the kitchen!.  Let's just say Boar's Head is getting a run for their money in my kitchen!  Any guesses as to what I'm up to?  Guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out!

 T'boftë mire! [It's Albanian for "Bon Appetit....but I'm sure you knew that!  ;-) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment